WHY IS GOD AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY? - Bible Study
WHY IS GOD AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY?
- I will examine both: why God is against it and why there is evidence that IT is against God.
- Why talk about this? Eph. 5:11
- Romans 1
1. It is against His natural order. He created people male and female and mated them together as such.
Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
- Who or what WAS the help, made to fit together perfectly with the first man? It was an adult human woman. Not an animal. Not a child. Not another man. Not an angel. It was another person, designed to go together with him. Like everything else in God's creation, it was good.
"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
- She was his wife. That is the order of things God established. Just like everything else in society today, the NEW world order wants to turn what is right side up, upside down. It wants to make things that face forwards face backwards. It wants to invert what God established. In so doing it says "What God pronounced GOOD is bad." In pronouncing the things of God as "bad", this world system shows that it hates God.
- Also, after God had created Adam and Eve as heterosexual people, the Bible says that ‚ÄúGod saw all that he made, and it was very good‚Äù (Genesis 1:31). ‚ÄúAll that He had made‚Äù could not have included homosexuality, because the Bible clearly and consistently condemns homosexual behavior as evil, not good. And that ‚Äî the creation of Adam and Eve ‚Äì- was ‚Äúthe last of the work of creation that God was doing‚Äù (Genesis 2:2). It follows, then, that God not only would not, but also did not, create anyone homosexual. Homosexuality must have first appeared at some later time, after God had finished creating.
- This is the 1 reason God is against homosexuality: it shows hatred for Him.
2. It is against God's own character and nature
-There are physical consequences of sexual perversion and promiscuity - so God gives us guidelines to keep us from harm
- The true (and more important) reasons God guides us into proper behavior are spiritual in nature.
- God wants us to be like Him - He made us in His image, adopts us as children, and wants us to be obey Him, follow Him, learn from Him, and ultimately be like Him.
- One image He presents of Himself in scripture is that of a husband when He compares the land of Israel to his wife (Isaiah 62:1-5)
- An image of a man and a man does not fit into any image God gives of Himself in scripture - it only fits in with things that grieve Him.
3. It is destructive, not creative. Either physically, emotionally, or both, it DESTROYS. Yes - it destroys the person committing the sin, the people immediately surrounding him, and ultimately in a way it works to destroy any society that allows itself to be influenced by homosexuals. Don't say that statement is wrong, until you apply a few tests.
- FIRST, bring the pro-homosexual argument to its full conclusion: the argument being that homosexuality is normal, healthy, and to be accepted. If that is true, consider what the outcome would be for a society that embraced and adopted homosexuality 100%. 100% adoption of that behavior leads to a 0% birth rate with the current 100% death rate all people share. Therefore it's ultimate end is DEATH.
- SECOND, it destroys the practitioner. Since the founding of psychotherapy as a medical practice, homosexuality was diagnosed and treated as a disorder. Under pressure from homosexual activists, in 1973 the American Psychiatric Association (APA) removed homosexuality as a mental disorder from the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-II). But re-labeling it and attempting to de-stigmatize it didn't change any of its inherent affects.
4. The reasons that are given to justify homosexuality are not true and not logical.
- They say that people are born with same sex attraction or desires. Therefore, this must be natural. Therefore, it must be moral.
So, as Christians, I think that we have to consider that logic, and looking through a Christian worldview, ask the questions: What are you born with? What is natural? And what is Moral? Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
- There is no biological basis for saying people are "born this way", even though it has become popular to repeat that phrase.
Dean Hamer, one of the main authors of the ‚Äúgay gene‚Äù publications and a self-proclaimed homosexual, summed it up nicely for us: ‚ÄúThere will never be a test that will say for certain whether a child will be gay. We know this for certain.‚Äù This means, as clearly as anyone could state, that no one is ‚Äúborn gay‚Äù (7). - http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/are-homosexual-people-really-born-gay-10983/
As the design of research studies using identical twins (who both have exactly the same genes) has improved, the reported percentage of homosexual people whose identical twin is also homosexual has declined to only about 10% (by contrast, genetic determination of homosexuality would result in nearly 100% of such twin pairs being both homosexual), indicating that there is only a very weak genetic influence on the development of homosexuality (8, 12). This low level of genetic influence is also the estimated level of genetic influence on virtually any kind of human behavior (11), which indicates that there is no particularly outstanding influence of genetics on the development of homosexuality.
"Differences in brain structure cannot be attributed to pre-natal influences, since there are no discernible structural differences at birth, not even between male and female brains. Major differences do develop during childhood and adolescence, and these differences can be attributed to known post-natal influences. "
The evidence strongly supports the view that homosexuality develops primarily as a result of post-natal experiences and factors, and is fluid (changeable); pre-natal influences (including genetics) have, at most, a weak and non-determinative role.
5. It is a besetting sin. It sets a homosexual (the victim of the sin) into a so-called "lifestyle" and works toward trapping them. (1 To attack from all sides. 2. To trouble persistently; harass. 3. To hem in; surround)
Consider the usage of the word "beset" in the Bible.
Hosea 7:2 And they consider not in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness: now their own doings have beset them about; they are before my face.
Psalms 22:12 "Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round."
Sin, in a general sense, works to do this√â
Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"
Judges 19:22 "Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him."
Think it's easy to get out of this sin, when the victim is told it's not only O.K., but told to be proud of it? When the practitioner becomes identified by and known by their particular sin? When the practitioner becomes part of a "community" of people who participate in the same activity? When the world tells constant lies such as they are "born that way" (for which there is zero science)? Very few other sins - very few activities of ANY kind for that matter - so thoroughly indoctrinate and trap a person as homosexuality.
But that doesn't have to be the end of the story - that it's a sin and the homosexual is trapped, too bad. Because regardless of what a gay activist or homosexual writer may SAY - the truth is that God does not hate homosexuals. Christians do not hate homosexuals. If anyone hates homosexuals, it's the deceiver of mankind. (Blame HIM for "hate".)
But GOD is love (1 John 4:8) and Romans 5:8 informs us "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." WHILE WE WERE STILL SINNERS. If someone says God hates homosexuals, they're lying. If someone says the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, they're lying (the city of Sodom brought judgement upon itself for that sin). The truth is that God does indeed hate sin, but he truly does love the sinner.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
How to accept that gift?
Romans 10: 9 "√â if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The Bible is very clear on two things when it comes to homosexuality. The first thing is that it is sin and must be forsaken. (1 Cor. 6:9-10).
The second thing is that God gives grace and power to overcome homosexuality just like He gives grace and power to overcome other sins. (1 Cor. 6:11). We have the responsibility to turn from our sinfulness and the million different ways that sinfulness manifests itself in our lives; and through the power of the gospel and the new birth we have the ability to do so.