What, Me Worry? (How to Accept the End Times) - Bible Study
What, Me Worry? (How to Accept the End Times)
Mad magazine's character Alfred E Neuman's catch phrase.
- Would be a good attitude for everyone to adopt.
Why? I'll tell you. First let me lay out where we are, what's coming, and then I'll tell you why you should not worry.
First. I understand that some of my listeners claim "no belief" or that you don't know. And I'm just as sure that many of you have varying beliefs in other religions and gods. As I've commented before I understand that perfectly, and if you choose to believe or not beleive whatever you do or don't believe in...well, that's up to you. I don't agree with it but that doesn't mean I'm your enemy. It doesn't mean you offend me. It doesn't mean that you hurt my feelings. And it shouldn't mean that I hurt your feelings or that I offend you or that you feel hated by me, either. People believe different things. I believe in the Bible and I worship Jesus Christ, who I believe was and is the human incarnation of the God that created our existence. OK. If I say that in most places - anywhere - someone will get their feelings hurt and censure me in some way. Well, people like that need to grow up and get over it.
For all you out there who listen to me and have a dialogue with me even though we don't share carbon-copy beliefs, I respect you, I love you, and I also want to congratulate you on being a GROWN-UP unlike so many of the babies who seem to be running this messed up world.
Now, onto the point...
1. We are in the End Times. I believe this for a variety of reasons - not all of which are scripturally-based. (Most of my reasons tie into the bible in some way, however.) Sometimes I read an interesting take on things in the news, or I see something significant occur, or I am reading the Bible and something jumps out at me and this beliefs is just constantly reaffirmed. I'm not alone in this of course. Laymen, newly saved, smart, dumb, preachers, and stuffy Bible scholars I encounter seem to share the same view. Unsaved people and saved-but-not-living for God people seem to sense it as well even though they can't always say "we are in the last days spoken of by Daniel the prophet". People know something's up.
- I would recommend informedchristians.com for an interesting chart 40 Prophetic Signs of the Last Generation - Infographic - See more at: http://informedchristians.com/index.php/Articles/list#sthash.ebzzLg6B.dpuf
- I have found some very interesting and well-done research on Doug Hamp's site http://www.douglashamp.com/
- RaptureReady.com is a site I like to check out periodically.
If you see something you don't agree with, don't throw out a resource. THat would be irresponsible - to yourself - intellectually. I probably don't agree with everything you find on those sites and neither will you but I predict that if you want to know about End Times prophecy from a true biblical perspective, you will find more thought-provoking truth on those sites than you'll find lunacy, error, or self-serving deception. In other words, those sites are pretty good and I think you should give them a chance.
But for true insight into and understanding of the End Times, I will give you 5 simple tips...and one WEIRD requirement.
1. Read it. Obvious you would think. But read it. Likely you have not read enough of it! Jeremiah will amaze you at the parallels with modern U.S.A. Daniel - especially 11 & 12 - speak about where we are and where we're headed. The book of Revelation of course should be read often. (Only book with a blessing pronounced on the reader!)
2. Look up words in a dictionary. Too much work!! Too bad. Stay ignorant if you want. But if you want to understand things you read, there's no getting around the fact that you have to understand the meaning of all the uncommon words.
3. Take notes! I have a wide-margin bible. Other people use notebooks. Write things down that occur to you and it will help you to learn.
4. Get a sense of the context and history of the things you read. You will need to do some outside reading, watch shows on History, etc. to get this. You might need to bust out a map or two. Well, I didn't say gaining understanding was effort-free.
5. Memorize scriptures. If you have ever done this, you realize the additional insight you gain into the meaning of even a single verse or concept. It works. Hebrews 4:12 explains this a bit. "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword..."
WEIRD TIP: You must be saved. READ 1 Cor 2:14 - v 13 describes saved people.
"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
2. WHY YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY
- Because you can't change it either way. "YES I CAN" Truth is on the march! We're going to stomp out the new world order. Good luck. Alex Jones might present some true information, but if you beleive the hype about bringing 1776 back it's obvious you love to have your ears tickled. Truth is, none of that is going to happen. The NWO can and will stomp a lot of people out of existence. Revelation mentions multitudes of martyrs who will be killed, and from what I can tell the guillotine is gonna make a comeback.
You say, you're only making me more worried! I'm not done yet.
- The perpetrators of the NWO aren't the humans you might see on the news. The "truth movement" thinks it's ID the culprits. You can search online and find charts of who's in Bilderbergs, how they connect to the Rothchilds, who the Rockefellers control, which 13 families make up the Illuminati bloodlines, etc. Some of it's very interesting information. But in MOST cases the information doesn't even allude to the real power behind these human chess pieces: arch-devils. Fallen angels. Supernatural spirit beings who you and I can't see. What do you think you can do about it? Well, I'll tell you: not much.
A biblical understanding of what's really happening reveals how it all works. II Cor 4:3-5 is one part of how it works.
"3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake."
People are blinded and also controlled. If you can see it clearly, with spiritual discernment, it becomes much less threatening.
- This world is temporary. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal."
5:10-11 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences."
- A Christian will be raised up - even if they're killed. 2 Cor 4:14 "Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you."
- A Christian is already in heavenly places with Christ (Eph 2:6-8),
- The end of the NWO will come at the hand of God. It WILL Be defeated. But not by me or you. It will be the result of God's intervention. It will be preceded by many amazing signs, some good and some bad, some explainable but most inexplicable by scientists and newscasters. One day there will be a major event called the Rapture and then it will be time to worry because Tribulation is coming at that point.
1 Thess 5:1-4
"But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."
Don't let things get over-complicated in your mind. II Cor 11:3. Don't lose sight of the simplicity that is in Christ.
So, why don't you need to worry? Because of two things: if you're hearing this before the rapture you still have a chance to get saved and escape the judgement - a just and fair judgement I might add. Secondly, because whatever bad things we see now are NOTHING compared to the horrors that await the planet when God truly is gone from this place.
I can accept the end times because I'm in Christ and I have total peace. I don't believe in being an unprepared fool - since we don't know what trouble will befall us day to day - but I'm certainly not relying on my own power, my preps, or anything else on earth to ultimately save me. I believe I should be wise and prepare as much as I can but my treasure nor my confidence is in this earth. It's in Christ. I hope yours is as well.