What Happens During the Tribulation? Antichrist’s Appearance - Lesson Outline
What Happens During the Tribulation? Antichrist’s Appearance
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." 1 John 2:18
"Anti-" means either "against" or "in place of". Antichrist does both - works against Jesus, but does so while imitating Him.
I. What is Antichrist?
A. It's a spirit
1. Been around for a long time. (1 John 4:3)
2. It's invisible
B. It's a person (2 Thess. 2:3, Rev. 13:18)
II. Where is Antichrist?
A. In the world - in many forms
B. In some people (2 Thess. 2:10-12)
III. What Does Antichrist Do?
A. Subverts God's plan
B. Lift up himself (Dan. 8:25, 2 Thess. 2:4, Is. 14)
C. Opposes the Most High God (Dan. 11:36)
D. Exerts power (Rev. 13, Dan 7-8, Dan 11)
E. Imitates Jesus Christ
1. Counterfeit resurrection (Rev. 13:13)
2. Signs / Miracles (2 Thess. 2:9)
3. Brings "peace" (Dan. 8:25)
IV. How Does Antichrist Do This?
A. Is supernaturally powerful
B. Is skilled
1. Has had time to practice
2. Is a superior creature (Ez. 28:15)
C. Is smart
1. Superior intellect (Ez. 28:12)
2. Is able to observe invisibly (Job 1)
D. Is deceptive (2 John 1:7)
1. Through "New Age" teachings
2. In humanism and evolutionary theory
E. Is attractive (2 Cor. 11:14)
1. Through the modern "youth culture" (2 Tim. 2:22)
2. Through the sexualization of everything
F. Uses people's weaknesses until they submit
a. Fear - devils thrive off fear
c. Pride (1 Tim. 3:6)
V. How Can Antichrist Be Recognized?
A. Know the Bible!!
1. Read what it plainly says about how to live & think.
2. Compare scripture with scripture. (Ex: John 17:12, 2 Thess 2:3)
B. Compare, contrast, examine, question, think critically
1. Think about what you're being told, and why
2. Think about who benefits from things that happen
3. Don't accept just because it's popular