What Happens After the Rapture? Lesson Outline
What Happens After the Rapture?
I. The Church Will Be In Heaven
A. The Judgement Seat of Christ - believers receive rewards for how they lived.
1. II Cor 5:10. This refers to Christians - not unbelievers.
2. Not God judging Christians for sin, but rewards for works. James 1:12
B. Life in heaven until the events on earth are finished.
- The church has been taken away from this wrath (1 Thess 5:9)
II. The World System will Overtake the Earth
A. Lucifer Will Have His Kingdom
1. He's "the god of this world" (II Cor. 4:4; John 12:31) but will rule openly by force
2. The "infrastructure" is in place now - he'll use it to imitate the Lord's power.
a. Knowing everything
b. Being everywhere
c. Ruling every country and person
Things that will exist during this time and immediately before
- A mark to buy/sell. Restrictions, regulations. What is a "mark"? Tattoos became popular when? Peak search popularity occurred in Feb 2012 for the term "tattoo" on Google. Searches more than doubled since Feb 2004. Viewing a world map showing changes over time (since 2004) every country darkens (showing increases in interest) except for China, Grrenland, and a few countries in the interior of Africa.
-"Zombie" peaked in June 2012. Search volume increased over ten times.
- Instant gratification
- Death culture
- Love of self
- A "fun ethic" has replaced a "work ethic"
"Work ethic is a set of values based on hard work and diligence. It is also a belief in the moral benefit of work and its ability to enhance character. A work ethic may include being reliable, having initiative, or pursuing new skills." At one time, it was accepted that laziness was morally wrong. Now, to say that is condemned.
- Age of liberalism - in which each individual has the right to be self-created, self-defined, self-authored, self-chosen or self-directed...an age that makes what matters most not matter.
- Video games. One positive thing: they do not reward you for failure.
arcofnoah.org in Dordrecht, Nederlands
Robert Ballard, famed underwater archaeologist believes in Noah's flood based on evidence he's finding
3. He only gets to do it for a few short years - but he's been waiting for it
B. God Will Send Judgement
1. The Bible describes it with different names...
- Daniel's 70th week (seven years - a "week" of years.)
- The Day of the Lord
- Time of Trouble/Jacob's Trouble (Jeremiah 30:7)
- The Great Tribulation (actually, the second half) in Matt. 24:21
2. God will finish the discipline of Israel (Dan. 9:20-27; Jer. 25:11)
3. God will finish the world system that rejected Messiah (Acts 17:30-31)
4. God will finally bring peace in the Mid East (when it's all done) - Zech 12:9