Things the Enemies of God Attack - Bible Study Lesson Outline
Things the Enemies of God Attack
These things are all part of Satan’s playbook. God's enemies are actually your enemies - if you are a child of God, when they attack God they attack Him by attacking you.
1. The Bible
- It's accuracy (of the translation)
- It's contents (claim some parts added or some parts left out)
- It's origins (who wrote it)
- It's "true" meaning (literal or figurative)
- What it teaches
2. Jesus Christ
- His resurrection
- His birth
- His character
- His deity
“Before Jesus the Nazarene walked the earth, the scales were pretty much balanced between who was worshiping God and who was worshiping Satan. God had to re brand himself, if you will, to avoid falling behind. So he sent a part of himself which became embodied and took on a personality of its own in Jesus. After completely changing his message to caring about others and then sacrificing himself, the scales tipped way in favor of God. It was a massive blow to us. But our equivalent is coming, and hopefully will erase the deficit left by Jesus the Nazarene.
So, when the scriptures say things such as Jesus sits at the right hand of God, or that he is the fulness of the godhead bodily, or that he is the express image of the Almighty God...you actually agree with/believe those things also?
Yes. The Old Testament and the four Gospels right up until the death of Jesus is shared in our teachings and even further elaborated on.
We do not believe, however, that Jesus the Nazarene rose from the dead after being crucified.”
3. Biblical Salvation
- Instead of free salvation, they teach that each person has to work to be saved. “The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23)
4. Exposure of Evil and Warnings Against Sin
“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” Ephesians 5:11
- “Lucifer was just a human king”
- “Satan is just an idea and not a real being”
- Sins either don't exist or there are no ramifications or consequences
- They want people to follow the world system and “live however they want”
5. The Character of the Lord
- Criticize him for exclusively desiring our worship (Exodus 34:14)
- Claim that He changed His nature from the OT the NT (“I am the LORD, I change not”. Mal 3:6)
- Try to make him equal (instead of superior) to the devil
6. Your Faith
- They don’t want you to hear the words of God (Romans 10:17)
- They don’t want you to believe the gospel
- They don’t want you to establish any “roots” – (Mark 4:3-4, 13-15; Matthew 13:20-21)
How deep are your roots?
- They don’t want you to walk in the Spirit (live for God) – (Romans 8:1)