HOW TO START THE SCHOOL YEAR OFF RIGHT - Teen Bible Study Lesson Outline
HOW TO START THE SCHOOL YEAR OFF RIGHT
Pick Your Friends on Purpose - 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Choose the RIGHT friends: not people of low character
- You become the average of the people you surround yourself with.
Meditate on God's Word - Psalm 119:15-16, Psalm 1:1-2
- Think about, consider, ponder. You'll start to understand parts of it better!
- Repeat verses to yourself. The more you do that, the more they become a part of your thinking.
Pray Each Day - 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- It's a scriptural directive - a very specific instruction.
- You need to do it!
- It's a great habit.
- Prayer is one way you will stay connected with God.
Be a Witness - 2 Timothy 2:2, 2:22-26, 4:2
- Others need to be woken up. Most people are walking through life but asleep! Eph 5:14, 1 Thess 5:6
- The "remnant" of believers needs to see someone who will do and say the right thing in public.
- People DO get saved and ARE affected by you. Yes you.
- You never know who you helped or who listened to you.
- Carry a pocket New Testament and tracts
Resolve to Be Better this Year in All Ways
- Grow in knowledge - 2 Peter 3:18
- Attempt great things
- Know what you believe and why! Learn the points of views of others. Then compare, contrast, dig up the truth...and "earn" your beliefs yourself.
- Sadly, you're actually not a "special snowflake" who can do or be anything (contrary to what you may be told). Reality is that you need to play to your strengths, try new things, push yourself, and expect more from yourself mentally, spiritually, and even physically. Discipline yourself. You will find your talents and learn what you're good at!
Devote Time Each Day to Scripture Memorization - Psalm 119:11
- The one thing that can counteract the world philosophy is scripture.
- AWANA is about scripture memory! Don't forget why you're here.
- What is the last scripture you memorized? Can you still recite it?
Be Ready to Stand for the Right Things - Daniel 1:8, Ephesians 6:13
- It's usually not popular
- It's often difficult
- The rewards are always delayed
Just Play the Game
- Go to class, study the material, and answer the test questions as you're required.
- If you know what you believe and why, it does you no good to get bad grades on purpose!
- You can't put the wrong answer out of principle
- Show you can repeat what they want you to repeat.
- However…be subversive! Leave tracts, write what you really believe in the margin of tests, or express your faith in other ways.
99% of success in life entails:
1. Simply showing up.
2. Doing your very best.
3. Don't quit.
"Be polite, and take responsibility for yourself and your actions."
"Time passes quickly. Don't waste time. Time is the stuff that life is made of."