ALIENS - Bible Study
The Bible gives us a great deal of information about aliens. You didn't know that, did you? I'll explain that in a minute.
First of all it's no secret that the 20th century was big for aliens. From the 1938 War of the Worlds radio broadcast, to movies like Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., and dozens of other science-fiction films including the still-popular Star Wars series - aliens have gotten a lot of exposure. Television pioneered many sci-fi concepts and featured extraterrestrial beings in shows like Star Trek. Similar shows are still popular including more recent productions like Firefly and Battlestar Galactica.
And the concept of "aliens" is growing in popularity. It is not unheard of for someone to believe in (or have seen) UFOs, crop circles, aliens or related things. Institutions such as the United Nations and even the Catholic Church have given credibility to the possibility of alien life.
At the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO) in southeastern Arizona the Vatican Observatory Research Group operates the world's largest optical telescope. "A new instrument for the Large Binocular Telescope (LBT) on Mount Graham, allows astronomers to observe the faintest and most distant objects in the universe." Astronomy.com - search for LUCIFER 1. (Yes, that is the name of the Vatican Observatory Research Group's imaging instrument.)
New Agers such as the lecturer David Icke believe that reptilian aliens exist, and the reptilian extraterrestrials have been the subject of many conspiracy theories and entertainment - such as the Television series "V". The G.I. Joe series pits the good forces of G.I. Joe against a one-world-government organization known as "Cobra"...led by serpent aliens.
So, what does all this have to do with the Bible? Let's recap some of what we just covered, and specify some of the beliefs about aliens:
- There is a popular concept of "aliens" that come from space and visit mankind.
- These aliens are characterized as having super-intelligence and usually having not only technology beyond human understanding but often psychic powers
- The most popular concept of aliens depicts them as gray, large-eyed creatures - the other popular depiction of aliens shows them to be reptilian
- In movies and TV, usually the world unites with the aliens because they come to save mankind (as in Close Encounters) or the world unites against them because they are a threat (as in Independence Day)
- There are a number books and even a few movies that speak of alien abductions - overwhelmingly describing the aliens to be malevolent, cold, unfeeling, controlling, and powerful over their victims
And the truth is, the Bible DOES speak about extraterrestrials. It plainly describes what they are, what they desire, and how they operate.
extra-terrestrial: "outside of earth", "unearthly"
space: "heavens, heaven" also "the air, the atmosphere"
I. "ALIEN" IS JUST ANOTHER NAME
- Modern, for the space age
- The same person can go by multiple names
- If aliens were real, and if they visited men in another age -what would they have been called? Gods? I Cor 8:1-5
- I prefer the Biblical terms for things, whenever possible. The Bible calls these creatures what they are: devils. I Cor 10:20
II. ALIENS - WHICH ARE ACTUALLY DEVILS - ARE REAL
- Whether or not you believe the many tales of alien abductions, whether or not you believe that the numerous videos and pictures of strange objects in the sky are real or fake, and whether or not you are alarmed by the influence the idea of aliens has had on this world...the Bible does speak of the reality of evil spirits.
- Jesus didn't chuckle at the primitive belief the father who said his son had a spirit. In Mark 9:19 he simply said "bring him unto me" and cast the evil spirit out of the boy. Jesus certainly believed in devils, and understood the danger they pose. He told his disciples "This kind can come forth by nothing but by prayer and fasting."
- The UFOologist and author of Operation Trojan Horse, John Keel, came to the conclusion that UFOs were a spiritual phenomenon. The scientist, astronomer Jacques Vallee believes the same thing: "aliens" are multidimensional beings. This comes from a non-Christian source but is worth noting.
- The intensity and influence of evil throughout the world should be enough evidence. Mankind indeed has a sinful nature, but some of the inhuman atrocities such as Hitler's holocaust, or the Rape of Nanking in 1937, or the more contemporary holocaust of abortion in our supposedly more modern and civilized age.
III. SPACE ALIENS ARE INDEED REPTILIAN
- Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"
4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."
- This chief of all the devils is a snake - a reptile
- He DOES rule the atmosphere, and did come from space.
"Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"
- Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
- Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
- Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
- Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
IV. SPACE ALIENS ARE SUPERIOR TO US, BUT INFERIOR TO THE LORD
- "What is man?" "a little lower than the angels" (3 x - Ps 8 and Heb 2)
- "Resistance is futile" not true. alienresistance.org, CE4 Research Group. Aliens, and all surrounding it, bears not only bad fruit - taking people's minds off the reality of Jesus - but has many of the hallmarks of spiritual oppression, similarity to New Age religion, and robs men of hope in God.
- Phil. 2:5-11 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
- 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
- "We come in peace". John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. 30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me."
- DONT BE AFRAID
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- Way to not be afraid is to be saved.
- THE TRUTH
1 John 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
3 John 1:3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.